Make a Reservation
Rates & Availability
About Cabins & Candlelight
Things to Do
Brochure in PDF
Cabins & Candlelight LLC
7295 N 1100 E
Colfax, IN 46035
Things To Do At Cabins & Candlelight
For those of you who might feel a little lost at Cabins & Candlelight without all the time commitments to which you've grown accustomed, we've compiled the following list which offers a few suggestions about how you might spend your time:
- Turn off your cell phone.
- Watch that video/DVD you've been wanting to see - without any interruptions from the kids.
- Listen to your favorite CD all the way through - without any calls from a telemarketer.
- Sleep in.
- Have a true candlelight dinner.
- Paint your lady-friend's toenails.
- Write a letter - longhand.
- Take a long, hot soak in the whirlpool bathtub - until your feet shrivel like prunes.
- Brush your partner's hair.
- Give yourself or your partner a manicure.
- Walk around in a robe all day.
- Stay up late.
- Curl up next to the fireplace in a cozy chair with a good book.
- Savor the aroma and sizzle of a steak being cooked to perfection on an outdoor grill.
- Take a hand-in-hand stroll down to the creek.
- Skip a few stones.
- Pick some wild black raspberries.
- Try bird watching from the back porch.
- See how many constellations you can find/remember.
- Have a private fashion show with all the lingerie that's found its way to the bottom of your dresser drawers.
- Fall asleep to the sounds of nature - not the freeway.
- Look through your wedding photos or other old photo albums.
- Watch some of your old home videos.
- Fix your favorite exotic beverage.
- Slow dance to your old favorites.
- Eat an entire batch of brownies.
- Cuddle around a campfire.
- Make s'mores.
- Try on that outfit you wore on your honeymoon.
- Hunt for mushrooms.
- Try your luck/skill at fishing.
- Knock your partner's socks off with the most romantic kiss you can muster.
- Play a game of checkers.
- Fly a kite.
- Go geocaching or letterboxing in the area.
- Paint or draw something.
- Absolutely nothing at all.
Other Things To Do
Cabins & Candlelight was created to allow couples to spend quality time together and focus on each other, but for those who tend to get a little restless without someplace to go, there are numerous other things to do in the area. The retreat is conveniently located to Crawfordsville, Thorntown, Lafayette, Lebanon and other cities, as well as golf courses, restaurants, museums, antique stores, etc.
Other specific area attractions include: